I get my energy from helping others succeed. As I was building my executive career in health technology, I succeeded through the power of connections and collaborations. There is joy in facing tasks or challenges head-on and engaging a team in getting to the right answers quickly.
Talencio was created because I love the energy, excitement, integrity and compassion found in the health technology space. I also like working with the very bright people this industry attracts. From my executive roles in health technology companies, I understand how all parts of this industry function. And, I was seeing unmet talent needs and talent seeking fulfilling work. Because of strong connections, we continue building upon that network. Talencio is thriving by connecting people to people in the health technology community.
So, how did I get here? My degree from the University of Wisconsin and certification as a public accountant led me to an independent auditor position at Ernst and Young in Milwaukee. Then the real fun began. Here’s a sample:
- Restore Medical, Spine-Tech and IntraTherapeutics where I played a key role in successful liquidity events (we sold them). I served as Vice President Finance and Treasurer for Restore Medical
- ThreeWire Inc, a clinical trial patient recruitment firm where I was Vice President Operations and Finance
- Spine-Tech, a Centerpulse company where I was Vice President, Controller
- IntraTherapeutics, also a Centerpulse company where I was Vice President, Controller
- As a contract CFO, I supported the day-to-day activities of several life science start-up companies by helping define strategy, develop financial forecasts and raise capital
Faith, family and service to others are the focus of my life. I have a husband, Erik, and three sons who are the loves of my life and my greatest supporters. God has blessed me with leadership and networking talents. I am privileged to have the opportunity to lead Talencio and work with our team, our clients and our colleagues. I believe in giving back, so I am a leadership volunteer with the Twin Cities’ chapter of Financial Executives International, The Women’s Health Leadership Trust, P.E.O., FaithSearch International, CBWC (Christian Business Women’s Connection) and our church. On my desk is this quote by Winston Churchill: “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
Integrity | Dependability | Practicality | Collaboration | Tenacity | Trustworthiness | Experience