Director of Human Resources
Direct Hire – Remote
Relievant Medsystems is a privately-held medical device company transforming the treatment of Chronic Low Back Pain (CLBP) with the Intracept® Procedure – a novel, clinically-proven and commercially-available treatment designed to improve the quality of life for millions of patients suffering from CLBP. This is a unique, first in class therapy addressing a $30 billion unmet need in the healthcare market.
Relievant is led by experienced executives with a history of growing successful medical device companies. The company is well-funded with robust clinical data supporting its commercial claims. Relievant is poised to double growth every year for the next several years. In 2020, the company expanded from 40 to 60 members, and expect the organization to nearly double in 2021, with more than half of the new hires being field-based personnel.
Relievant recruits top performers who approach their roles every day as dedicated entrepreneurs, owning and managing their area of the business, and forging solutions as the company grows. To continue to foster an environment supporting team members in their success and recognizing their hard work, Relievant is adding a strategic Director of Human Resources to the team. This role will be relied upon to establish an HR function in this rapidly growing commercial environment. The Director of Human Resources will cultivate a vibrant company culture, forecast and execute recruiting and retention efforts, and be a principal resource for managers and employees in resolving and advising on HR matters as they arise. This role will also oversee payroll and benefits, recommend and maintain company policies, establish talent performance and management systems, and ensure compliance requirements are met.
This role will be on-site in the Minneapolis, MN office (SW suburbs), though the team is currently working primarily remotely due to COVID-19.
- Creates and implements human resource programs including, but not limited to performance and talent management, employee relations, human resources policies, recognition and culture, training and development, compensation, payroll, benefits and leave, occupational health and safety, records retention, and all state and federal workplace requirements.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand and define goals and strategies related to organizational planning. Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes innovative hiring practices. Oversees the administration of talent management and performance measurement systems.
- Develops, enhances and oversees onboarding and employee recognition programs. Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support a high performing and talent-centered culture and support human resource compliance and strategies.
- Guides and develops managers on people-centric activities including fostering empowering talent management conversations and applying conflict resolution techniques inspiring high performance.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Identifies and recommends to senior management opportunities for building, improving and maintaining a winning and positive culture designed to yield long term success and employee engagement.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations. Reviews and modifies policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law. Applies knowledge to recommend and communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to senior management.
- Serves as representation for organization in employment law matters including unemployment hearings, etc.
- Clear demonstration of excellent people management and interpersonal skills along with solid foundation in employment law, state and federal laws and requirements.
- Experience managing benefits and leave, occupational health and safety and payroll programs and processes.
- Strong reputation for the ability to build rapport and authentic relationships with all levels of the organization, and an appreciation for understanding the perspective of others.
- Direct experience in successfully working with and managing an outsourced HR and payroll processing entity, e.g., Insperity.
- Solid experience in building a successful HR function from the ground-up in an agile, fast-paced startup environment with a strong understanding of what it takes to wear multiple hats.
- Clear demonstration of being an independent self-starter, with the confidence to set agendas and drive progress with little direction.
- Proven commitment and fortitude as a change leader for improvements, with a reputation for understanding how to champion the value of HR recommendations and strategies and influence others without direct authority.
- Operationally savvy with a clearly demonstrated understanding of how businesses work, and how HR practices can be implemented seamlessly to align with company initiatives.
- Clear evidence of strong critical thinking and decision-making skills, analytical problem solving and process orientation skills.
- Superior organization, attention to detail, and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstration of a sense of curiosity with a drive to achieve, and willingness to challenge and ask thoughtful questions to drive improvement.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS 4-year degree or equivalent experience.
- At least five years of human resource management experience, managing all actions of HR functions in a changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP is highly preferred.
- Experience working with small to mid-sized startups is a significant plus.
Relievant’s Corporate Headquarters is in Bloomington, MN, with a Development and Operations office in Sunnyvale, CA. Relievant currently does not manufacture products in-house.
Qualified candidates please send resumes to swyatt@Talencio.com
No recruiters, please.
Talencio provides executive search services dedicated to medical device, biotech and pharmaceutical companies. Over the past 13 years, we have delivered the right people at the right time to drive growth initiatives for companies dedicated to being catalysts for life sustaining products.