Direct Hire – Minneapolis, MN
Heraeus Medical Components is a world leader in development and manufacturing of components and finished devices for the medical device industry. They combine unmatched expertise in material science, engineering know-how, design, global outsourcing and state-of-the-art precision manufacturing to deliver a wide-ranging portfolio of components, finished devices and solutions for the world’s leading medical device companies. These innovations not only help customers to meet the needs of today’s demanding and competitive healthcare marketplace, they also make a significant impact in the quality of care.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is responsible for supporting manufacturing activities including day to day troubleshooting and support, cost reductions, quality improvements, engineering investigations, etc. The Manufacturing Engineer will participate in or lead continuous improvement projects as required in conjunction with CI engineering.
- Support accuracy of developed processes, documentation and records, after production release.
- Participate in engineering led teams focused on developing new products and processes with specific emphasis on design for manufacturability.
- Assist training operators and technicians on new and revised processes.
- Assist in new equipment identification, procurement, installation qualification, document creation, and training.
- Manage and effectively prioritize multiple parallel projects and deadlines.
- Pursue technology initiatives to improve efficiency and quality and reduce costs.
- Responsible for manufacturing technical support during confirmation, validation, and post-production builds as needed for project/process.
- In conjunction with process development engineering initiate and drive process improvements based on engineering and production priorities in the areas of yield, quality, and cost, using appropriate methodology such as Six Sigma DMAIC, DOE’s, lean (waste elimination, time studies, line balancing), and SPC.
- Involved in technical review, as needed, specifically in regards to manufacturability.
- Contribute during process development as needed by process engineering.
- Support applications engineering and quality through product quality investigations, including root cause analysis, correlation activities with customer, etc.
- Support manufacturing operators, technicians, and supervisors with process variability, trending analysis, deviation authoring and training, and internal nonconformance investigations as needed.
- Assist site safety representatives in evaluating process/machine risks and potential risk reduction initiatives as needed.
- May provide training to others based on expertise, resume or demonstrated work performance. Use training tracking system and ensure training requirements are up to date on a regular basis.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field.
- Basic SolidWorks CAD/CAM training desired or equivalent job experience.
- Medical products experience a plus.
- Knowledgeable in formal process improvement tools such as Six Sigma DMAIC, lean, and DOE’s.
- Create legible, accurate, and detailed documents that clearly communicate product and manufacturing expectations.
Highly competitive bonus structure
There are many opportunities for advancement and employee development
Competitive medical and dental coverage for employee and family
HSA Plan and Flexible Spending Account
Tuition reimbursement options
Disability and Life Insurance
Vacation plus PTO and paid holidays