Market Development & Customer Support Manager
Direct Hire – St Paul, MN
ThermaSolutions, has engaged Talencio to fill a Market Development & Customer Support Manager role. ThermaSolutions, with U.S. offices in the NE Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN area, is the global leader in Hyperthermic Medical Technology. Used intraoperatively, the company’s medical devices raise the temperature in the peritoneal cavity by continuously circulating sterile solution. ThermaSolutions has ongoing success with commercialized products and they continue development of new technologies. The team is small, nimble and growing.
The Market Development & Customer Support Manager will have a direct impact on company success by strengthening relationships with distributors, customers and end users. This position is accountable for relationship continuity, revenue retention, clinical support and conference attendance. A successful Market Development & Customer Support Manager will also provide customer insights. The Market Development & Customer Support Manager will also manage a number of marketing initiatives and activities. This is an exciting role for a professional who desires a broad range of responsibilities and impact.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is responsible for supporting manufacturing activities including day to day troubleshooting and support, cost reductions, quality improvements, engineering investigations, etc. The Manufacturing Engineer will participate in or lead continuous improvement projects as required in conjunction with CI engineering.
- Primary responsibility is to manage the company’s relationship with US based distributors, and develop relationships with the customers and end users. Solicit feedback from sales partners and distributors to ensure relevancy of current and future marketing efforts.
- Conduct weekly company-wide conference call to discuss relevant information.
- Organize and execute company’s attendance to major conferences and congresses globally. Liaise with local distributors for support, staffing and local presence.
- Utilizing conferences, journals, and distributor input, organize and maintain a current database of clinical studies and relevant current events.
- Provide clinical and technical product expertise. Observe, train and support devices used in surgical oncology procedures. Be available for clinical support as required.
- Develop and maintain relationships with global Key Opinion Leaders in conjunction with Product Manager.
- Maintain a competitor analysis matrix. Augment matrix with geographic competitor strengths and weaknesses utilizing feedback from global distributor partners.
- Review and approve hospital contracts submitted by distributors to ensure protection of the company’s assets and aggregate market price.
- Manage the redesign of Company’s digital, social and website content and presence. Provide critical input and fresh ideas.
- Clinical/hospital exposure with preference for operating room/procedure room.
- 3 years of market development and customer support experience, with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
- Previous sales experience is a plus, with preference for distributor or channel background.
- Must pass a background check and possess valid driver’s license. Obtain and/or maintain a valid passport with limited, if any, travel restrictions.
- Work out of the corporate office in White Bear Lake, MN.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, up to 25%.