Contract-to-Hire – Minneapolis, MN or Littleton, CO
Talencio’s client is a medical product development firm. They are looking for an R&D Engineer for design and development of medical device instrumentation. Our client provides innovative design, applying new and inventive ways to help their clients achieve success. This is an opportunity to work on a wide variety of devices and technologies including ICG monitors, atherectomy systems, injectors and more.
- Design, engineer, model, and detail mechanical and electromechanical components used in medical devices.
- Analyze and/or simulate structural, thermal, or performance aspects of device design as required.
- Build, test, and document prototyping efforts.
- Documentation to support creation and maintenance of design history files for device developments.
- Experience in a medical product development environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in a 3D CAD environment is required (SolidWorks preferred)
- Sheet metal and/or molded plastic electronics enclosure design experience.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Linear and rotary motion element design experience. (preferred)
- Molded plastic and electronic sensor consumable design experience. (preferred)
- Experience with IEC 60601-1 for the basic safety and essential performance of medical electrical equipment. (preferred)
- Experience with IPX2 to IPX5 ingress protection design. (preferred)
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience, 5+ preferred.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.