Program Manager II
Direct Hire – St. Paul, MN
We are living in extraordinary times. The opportunities to change, grow and make an impact for society are unprecedented, especially within the medical industry.
Are you ready to embrace this challenge?
Minnetronix Medical, a global leader in the development, manufacturing, and commercialization of complex life-saving technologies, is growing its team to meet the demands of the medical industry and society.
Minnetronix specializes in a variety of proprietary platforms such as stimulation systems, ventricular assist devices, thrombectomy, ultrasound, blood pumping and vacuum pumping systems. Minnetronix employees are curious, persistent, and resilient. They bring ideas, identify gaps, and provide a unique ability to see and deliver possibilities.
Working at Minnetronix is about rolling up your sleeves, solving challenging problems and seizing the opportunity to make a real impact. Behind every confounding technical challenge is a band of thinkers sharing perspectives and solutions to make it all work. There is a lot at stake, and they take that seriously.
Workplace culture is important at Minnetronix. Employees enjoy the on-site gym and local bike paths, and initiate clubs and activities that foster social bonds. There are custom-designed spaces for independent or collaborative thinking. Minnetronix employee benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities provide an environment for individuals, and teams, to thrive.
If you are ready to make an impact in 2021, we look forward to learning more about you.
Talencio is assisting Minnetronix in the search for a Program Manager II.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Program Manager II (PM) will lead project teams to manage and meet customer expectations, with ultimate responsibility for on-time, on-budget product execution.
The PM is the day-to-day contact with customers to manage the customer’s project. The PM also leads internal project teams, including the management of product development team activities, the program schedule, budget, scope and the overall design to program objectives.
The PM will manage programs of varied scope and complexity (e.g., program cost, number and type of customers and internal teams, contract or technical complexity). Operating in a matrixed environment, the PM will interface with customers, engineers, functional managers and the Minnetronix leadership team.
- With the Sales Team and Systems Engineering, lead and develop estimates and proposals for new business opportunities as well as proposals and addendums for follow-on work with existing customers, with limited oversight.
- Lead customer interactions for individual programs, with a strong focus on customer expectation management. Will include a moderate level of business negotiation (e.g., significant scope/cost changes, billing disputes.)
- Develop and maintain program plans and communicate program status to customer(s) and internal teams.
- With limited oversight, direct and coordinate program activities (schedule adherence, program budget, plan tracking, milestones, scope changes, design-to-cost objectives, manufacturing transfer, plan updates, and weekly team meetings) while leading personnel responsible for specific functions throughout the life cycle phases of the program.
- Guide successful completion of moderately challenging projects though collaboration with Development, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality and Regulatory Affairs, and outside consultants and suppliers.
- Manage multiple projects and customers, generally of medium size and complexity and may typically have 2-5 active programs.
- Lead cross-disciplinary teams in a matrix organization.
- Responsible for control and communications of project/program level risks, issue management, and project quality.
- With Engineering, identify and execute opportunities for continual process improvement in Minnetronix’s product development processes.
- On occasion, identify creative opportunities to add value to individual customers’ programs and products and provide value for Minnetronix, beyond defined project scope and constraints.
- BS or MS, preferably in technical field; PMP certification a plus.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a customer-facing product development role.
- Experience in the contract engineering service business preferred.
- Knowledge of electronics-based medical device technology, including the development cycles for one or more of software, mechanical and electrical disciplines.
- Proven ability to manage medium-scale projects.
- Proficient in the use of MS Project to develop schedules, allocate resources, and establish program budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must be able to convey business and technical concepts to a diverse customer base and to internal technical teams in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of teams with many disciplines ranging from management to staff to technicians.
- Excellent independent work ethic and organizational skills.
- Understanding of FDA, ISO 9001 and ISO 13485.
- Experience with all phases of new product development, from concept through commercialization, preferred.