Software Engineer, Senior Principal
Direct Hire – St. Paul, MN
Are you ready to embrace this challenge?
Minnetronix Medical, a global leader in the development, manufacturing, and commercialization of complex life-saving technologies, is growing its team to meet the demands of the medical industry and society.
Minnetronix specializes in a variety of proprietary platforms such as stimulation systems, ventricular assist devices, thrombectomy, ultrasound, blood pumping and vacuum pumping systems. Minnetronix employees are curious, persistent, and resilient. They bring ideas, identify gaps, and provide a unique ability to see and deliver possibilities.
Working at Minnetronix is about rolling up your sleeves, solving challenging problems and seizing the opportunity to make a real impact. Behind every confounding technical challenge is a band of thinkers sharing perspectives and solutions to make it all work. There is a lot at stake, and they take that seriously.
Workplace culture is important at Minnetronix. Employees enjoy the on-site gym and local bike paths, and initiate clubs and activities that foster social bonds. There are custom-designed spaces for independent or collaborative thinking. Minnetronix employee benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities provide an environment for individuals, and teams, to thrive.
If you are ready to make an impact in 2021, we look forward to learning more about you.
Talencio is assisting Minnetronix in the search for a Senior Principal Software Engineer.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, Senior Principal Software Engineers apply Minnetronix Standard Operating Procedures and broad, in-depth knowledge of software engineering industry best practices, standards and technology to the architecture, design, implementation, and test of real-time embedded medical device software and supporting applications and prototypes.
Senior Principal Software Engineers work with minimal technical supervision in a team environment and are assigned substantial or strategic responsibilities on major projects of high complexity under the direction of a Program Manager or Director of Engineering. Assignments are often broad in nature and require substantial experience, creativity, and ingenuity.
Senior Principal Software Engineers are recognized specialists in at least one major software-related technology important to Minnetronix and are responsible for leading efforts to build and support the technical excellence of Minnetronix technology and development methods and processes.
- Work in compliance with the Minnetronix Quality Management System.
- Lead definition, analysis and allocation of requirements.
- Lead analysis, review and evaluation of design alternatives and failure mode analyses.
- Clearly define appropriate technical approaches and solutions to the most critical challenges.
- Create and document all levels of software architecture and all aspects of software design.
- Implement source code meeting product requirements in compliance with applicable coding standards.
- Unit test source code using IDE’s, debuggers, emulators, communication analyzers, scopes, and logic analyzers.
- Provide task estimates in support of projects and significant input to proposals.
- Lead integration activities.
- Consult for verification test activities.
- Provide strategic leadership for process improvement initiatives and technology innovation.
- Participate in technical reviews.
- Mentor and provide technical leadership for less-experienced engineers.
- Accept critical project technical leadership responsibility, including coordination of work of small cross-functional engineering teams.
- Investigate new technologies and opportunities for innovation leading to increased value to Minnetronix and its customers.
- Represent and explain core Minnetronix technologies, processes and capabilities within the Medical Device community.
- Define and design core components for re-use in products.
- Stay abreast of changing regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- BS, MS, or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field.
- 15-20+ years’ experience in software engineering.
- Proficient in C++, C#, and/or C programming with expert-level understanding of multitasking and device driver complexities.
- Proficient at quickly solving high-complexity software problems under high-visibility circumstances.
- Embedded software design, implementation, and test experience.
- Real-time operating systems and embedded OS experience.
- Experience with embedded Linux, including drivers, board support packages for custom fa, and rigorous configuration control.
- Graphical user interface design and implementation experience.
- Unit and module level software testing experience.
- Significant software architecture and design expertise.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, and as a member of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record leading a small software team with an inspirational and effective leadership style.
- Demonstrated project management skills and mastery of project financial principles.
- Experience in identifying and/or creating novel technologies and development techniques.
- Strong leadership in influencing the adoption of novel technologies and techniques.