Software Engineer, Senior
Direct Hire – St. Paul, MN
Are you ready to embrace this challenge?
Minnetronix Medical, a global leader in the development, manufacturing, and commercialization of complex life-saving technologies, is growing its team to meet the demands of the medical industry and society.
Minnetronix specializes in a variety of proprietary platforms such as stimulation systems, ventricular assist devices, thrombectomy, ultrasound, blood pumping and vacuum pumping systems. Minnetronix employees are curious, persistent, and resilient. They bring ideas, identify gaps, and provide a unique ability to see and deliver possibilities.
Working at Minnetronix is about rolling up your sleeves, solving challenging problems and seizing the opportunity to make a real impact. Behind every confounding technical challenge is a band of thinkers sharing perspectives and solutions to make it all work. There is a lot at stake, and they take that seriously.
Workplace culture is important at Minnetronix. Employees enjoy the on-site gym and local bike paths, and initiate clubs and activities that foster social bonds. There are custom-designed spaces for independent or collaborative thinking. Minnetronix employee benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities provide an environment for individuals, and teams, to thrive.
If you are ready to make an impact in 2021, we look forward to learning more about you.
Talencio is assisting Minnetronix in the search for a Senior Software Engineer.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, Senior Software Engineers apply Minnetronix Standard Operating Procedures and broad, in-depth knowledge of software engineering industry best practices, standards and technology to the architecture, design, implementation, and test of real-time embedded medical device software and supporting applications and prototypes.
Senior Software Engineers work with minimal technical supervision in a team environment and are assigned substantial responsibilities on major projects of moderate to high complexity under the direction of a Program Manager. Assignments may be broad in nature and require creativity and ingenuity.
- Work in compliance with the Minnetronix Quality Management System.
- Lead definition, analysis and allocation of requirements.
- Lead analysis, review and evaluation of design alternatives and failure mode analyses.
- Create and document all levels of software architecture and all aspects of software design.
- Implement source code meeting product requirements in compliance with applicable coding standards.
- Unit test source code using IDE’s, debuggers, emulators, communication analyzers, scopes, and logic analyzers.
- Provide task estimates in support of projects and proposals.
- Lead integration activities.
- Consult for verification test activities.
- Install, qualify, and configure development tools and utilities.
- Lead and support process improvement initiatives.
- Participate in technical reviews.
- Mentor and provide technical leadership for less-experienced engineers.
- BS, MS, or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field.
- 3-9+ years’ experience in software engineering.
- Proficient in C++, C#, and/or C programming with expert-level understanding of multitasking and device driver complexities.
- Proficient at quickly solving high-complexity software problems.
- Embedded software design, implementation, and test experience.
- Real-time operating systems and embedded OS experience.
- Experience with embedded Linux, including drivers, board support packages for custom hardware, and rigorous configuration control.
- Graphical user interface design and implementation experience.
- Unit and module level software testing experience.
- Significant software architecture and design expertise.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, and as a member of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record leading a small software team with an inspirational and effective leadership style.