Systems Engineer, Principal
Direct Hire – St. Paul, MN
Are you ready to embrace this challenge?
Minnetronix Medical, a global leader in the development, manufacturing, and commercialization of complex life-saving technologies, is growing its team to meet the demands of the medical industry and society.
Minnetronix specializes in a variety of proprietary platforms such as stimulation systems, ventricular assist devices, thrombectomy, ultrasound, blood pumping and vacuum pumping systems. Minnetronix employees are curious, persistent, and resilient. They bring ideas, identify gaps, and provide a unique ability to see and deliver possibilities.
Working at Minnetronix is about rolling up your sleeves, solving challenging problems and seizing the opportunity to make a real impact. Behind every confounding technical challenge is a band of thinkers sharing perspectives and solutions to make it all work. There is a lot at stake, and they take that seriously.
Workplace culture is important at Minnetronix. Employees enjoy the on-site gym and local bike paths, and initiate clubs and activities that foster social bonds. There are custom-designed spaces for independent or collaborative thinking. Minnetronix employee benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities provide an environment for individuals, and teams, to thrive.
If you are ready to make an impact in 2021, we look forward to learning more about you.
Talencio is assisting Minnetronix in the search for a Principal Systems Engineer.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Principal Systems Engineer is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the technical excellence of Minnetronix research and development work, including new product development, product sustaining, and manufacturing support. The primary role of the Principal Systems Engineer is to act as Technical Leader on development programs, leading all aspects of the technical execution of projects, assuming responsibility for technical project deliverables and working with Program Managers to assure successful project outcomes. The Principal Systems Engineer will also work with the engineering management team to ensure appropriate technological expertise and intellectual property is developed or acquired.
Principal Systems Engineers will provide input to Program Managers and direction to other technical personnel and will assume appropriate level of responsibility for technical work to facilitate the development or manufacturing of world class products or assemblies.
- Fulfill technical leadership role on major development projects, assuming responsibility for successful completion of all technical project deliverables.
- Work with Program Managers to identify resource needs for projects and direct technical execution of project work.
- Lead technical reviews.
- Participate in process improvement activities within engineering.
- Investigate new technologies and opportunities for innovation leading to increased value to Minnetronix and their customers.
- Identify opportunities for Minnetronix’s Intellectual Property development, both internally and for their clients.
- Work with Engineering Managers to identify and obtain necessary technical expertise, training and resources to support Minnetronix’s diverse range of new product development and support efforts.
- Monitor the technical regulatory climate to ensure Minnetronix’s design solutions will meet required regulations worldwide.
- Contribute to new product development proposals and participate in client and potential client meetings as appropriate.
- Build relationships with the University and other research facilities.
- Participate in medical device industry events and organizations to promote Minnetronix and maintain awareness of developments and best-in-class practices in the industry.
- MS in an engineering, technical or scientific discipline or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in developing software and/or electronic-based medical devices.
- In depth knowledge of FDA QSR’s, ISO13485, and IEC601 for medical devices.
- Experience in interpreting and applying technical regulatory requirements to medical devices.
- Strong mentoring skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (both written and oral) & analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with multiple disciplines & clients.
- Ability to work independently, but also function as a team player.