Systems Engineer, Senior
Direct Hire – St. Paul, MN
Are you ready to embrace this challenge?
Minnetronix Medical, a global leader in the development, manufacturing, and commercialization of complex life-saving technologies, is growing its team to meet the demands of the medical industry and society.
Minnetronix specializes in a variety of proprietary platforms such as stimulation systems, ventricular assist devices, thrombectomy, ultrasound, blood pumping and vacuum pumping systems. Minnetronix employees are curious, persistent, and resilient. They bring ideas, identify gaps, and provide a unique ability to see and deliver possibilities.
Working at Minnetronix is about rolling up your sleeves, solving challenging problems and seizing the opportunity to make a real impact. Behind every confounding technical challenge is a band of thinkers sharing perspectives and solutions to make it all work. There is a lot at stake, and they take that seriously.
Workplace culture is important at Minnetronix. Employees enjoy the on-site gym and local bike paths, and initiate clubs and activities that foster social bonds. There are custom-designed spaces for independent or collaborative thinking. Minnetronix employee benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities provide an environment for individuals, and teams, to thrive.
If you are ready to make an impact in 2021, we look forward to learning more about you.
Talencio is assisting Minnetronix in the search for a Senior Systems Engineer.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Senior Systems Engineer applies Minnetronix Standard Operating Procedures and cross-functional knowledge of electronics, software, and mechanical technologies to the specification, architecture, design, implementation, and test of embedded medical devices. Senior Systems Engineers will be assigned to substantial assignments, including all levels of architecture, on major projects of moderate to high complexity. Assignments may be broad in nature and require creativity and ingenuity.
- Prepares and reviews architecture and design documentation and test procedures.
- Leads definition, analysis and allocation of requirements.
- Leads analysis, review and evaluation of design alternatives and tradeoffs across various technologies and disciplines.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects (failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in the allocation of additional resources).
- Works under general supervision (work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy).
- Follows established procedures.
- Provides mentorship of less-experienced engineers.
- Provides task estimates in support of projects.
- Leads and supports process improvement initiatives.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- BS or MS degree in Systems, Software, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 6-9 years’ experience in developing software and/or electronic-based medical devices.
- Demonstrated complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field of medical devices; general knowledge of other engineering disciplines.
- Proficient at quickly solving medium-complexity system-level problems.
- In depth knowledge of FDA QSRs, ISO13485, and IEC601 for medical devices.
- Experience in interpreting and applying technical regulatory requirements to medical devices.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (both written and oral) & analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with multiple disciplines & clients.
- Ability to work independently, but also function as a team player.